Friday, August 21, 2009

The Reason Why

I always end up asking myself, Caitlin why? In many places and situations. Most of the time though its with the tedious art ideas i stick myself with like the endless rubber bands that covered my sculpture freshman year, or the hundreds  of snake scales that gave meaning to my concentration at the end of last school year and last but not least the 20-some hand-made flowers that now sit pretty on my handbag? Why? I do all of this because of my fascination with the smaller more beautiful things in life. No i'm not an artist. I am a fashion designer, my heart and soul thrive on the thrill of making something new. Even when my lovely Viking (sewing machine) decides to pull a not-so-lovely bobbin malfunction every moment, every single moment is worth that finished garment. The excitement that grows inside me when I see my finished work. So even though I wish that I did not have to paint or do fine arts, it's all worth it. Every minute. Carrying on a sewing machine on a plane to Chicago and having security open my tulle filled carry-on. If I get to that final goal, which I will. All this time will be worth it not a second wasted. I realize that I have become a slave to my passion. I think up insanities that are a pain to make but are a beauty to look at. No matter how many times I prick my fingers making hand-mades or scream at my Viking for sucking my fabric into the machine forcing me to take the whole thing apart to save the piece. It's worth it. My work is worth it. Its part of me. Its the reason why.

No comments:

Post a Comment